About

LightBlog

Breaking

The 3 Week Diet

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Polka Dot Baby Shower Cake



What You Need:
6", 8" or 9" round cake pan(s)
2-3 white cake mixes (or Vanilla Cake Recipe doubled)
Food Coloring (I used the McCormick NEON that you find at the grocery store)
1-2" Round Cutters (Biscuit cutter, Fondant cutters or Cookie cutters)
Buttercream Icing (Canned icing would also work here)
For the dots on the outside:
2 Piping bags
2 Couplers
Round Tips in varying sizes (I used  3, 5, 7, 10)


In making this polka dot cake, I tried many different options, including mini-cupcakes, cake balls, and cut-outs from a cake. Please check out my How NOT To Make a Polka Dot Cake post to see all of the dos and don'ts.



For this cake, I divided one prepared white cake mix into 4 bowls, and colored 1 cup of batter each green, blue, pink and purple. I then baked that colored batter into mini cupcakes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox